Saturday, November 1, 2008

CARVING OUT SOME TIME
Yesterday afternoon, this man gathered our children around the table, at the end of a long day and took the time to make this memory with them. He does it every year and he does it better than I ever could. He has been working out of town lately, getting home late and so they almost thought they were going to miss out on having him do the carving (Papa took them to the pumpkin patch to get their pumpkins, but dad does the REALLY cool carving!). But in the end, it all worked out. I still have pumpkin seeds scattered all over the floor to remind me of this quiet moment they took to carve out some time together in our increasingly busy days..........I will be glad to "fall back" tonight, when the time changes. My body is longing for some extra rest after a very hectic move, cooler days after such a hot summer and at the end of November, the beginning of our Advent, where we prayerfully await the coming of our Newborn Saviour.
~
This month I will begin a journey down the blogging path that may lead me nowhere. But I somehow feel compelled to attempt to put into words all of the beautiful blessings I have been privileged to share as My God sees fit to send them to me..........Happy First of November & All Saint's Day!


Excerpt from The Litany of the Saints:
"All ye holy men and women, Saints of God, make intercession for us."