Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rainy Day Blessings

Some of the best days of my life were rainy days. The day my oldest son was born, one of the biggest storms of the year hit the area where we live. I remember being cozily tucked away in a small hospital, holding the most precious thing in the world to me. It mattered not that the there was a storm raging outside, what mattered was the new little life that lay in my arms, a perfect masterpiece, sent to me from my Father in heaven with love. Then there was the day my husband and I were married. It also happened to be a very wet and rainy day. At first glance all I could think about was that my hair wasn't going to turn out right, the reception was going to be cramped and uncomfortable in my parents' home and ultimately the whole day would be ruined. But then a family friend told my husband that there was an old Indian saying that when it rained, the earth was glad and we would be blessed in our rainy day endeavor, whatever it may be and in our case it was starting a new life together.



Needless to say, the day was beautiful: my hair turned out fine, the reception was perfect! Candles and white Christmas lights sparkled in the cloudy darkness of my parents living room, friends and loved ones seemed to enjoy the closeness brought about by not being able to go outside, my youngest sister-in-law and I happily danced much later that night, laughing as her dress trailed in the mud and then there was the toast that my father gave, giving us his blessing, finally....we had all been through so much in years past, my husband and I had done a lot of growing up and how wonderful it was to have him wish us well.

So today, as the storm rages outside, may you be blessed in your rainy day endeavors and may all the choices we make be ones that sit well with our Heavenly Father, so that as we begin this new chapter in our story as a country we can continue to receive HIS countless blessings in our lives.



~GOD BLESS AMERICA~

TODAY AND ALWAYS......