Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What Boys Do

This is what my boys do anyway when they know I am not looking.......My oldest and youngest are home alone with me on Mondays and Wednesdays, while my "middle" children go to classes outside of our home and any chance they get, off they go, zipping around our property on this little old golf cart which their father just "had" to get for them. These two boys were born ten years apart and yet I amazed at how close they still are and how much fun they can have together. This has to be one of the greatest benefits of homeschooling-the strengthening of family ties that bind them in ways that could not possibly happen if they were separated all day long, five days a week. I have found that taking a few enrichment classes has been beneficial in keeping all of my children apart just long enough to miss each other and it gives me time to have one on one time with whoever is home with me each day. I find myself missing whomever is not here and long for the days when they were younger and they were ALL home, all of the time. However, those days are gone and so I seek to find comfort in days like today, when I get to witness a moment like this:


P.S. Now they know I am watching.......

P.S.S. A few hours later, I heard cries of "All Aboard!" as all 4 of them took turns going for rides. Their laughter resonated through the yard and into my bedroom window while they pretended they were on a train and I thought to myself: life really doesn't get much better than this does it?