Saturday, November 29, 2008

COME........


I bought some wooden letters that spell the word COME for our advent this year because that is how I have been feeling lately. I feel like I want HIM to come closer to me. Closer to my children, my husband and closer to this world that I live in. A world that seems, at times, to have completely forgotten HIM. And then I realize as I search for images to Christma-tize my little corner of cyberspace,
that maybe the words are not for HIM, but for me.

They are really from HIM to me, reminding me that HE is the one in the manger, lying there, helpless and cold, that HE wants me to COME to HIM.

So as I begin this advent journey I must remind myself that this is not just any journey where I have to hurry and show-up somewhere haphazardly, hoping that whoever it is will understand that I am a busy mother to 4 children, I homeschool and I have so much to do.....so if I have forgotten to bring something, please understand, etc. etc. because the excuses are there.......

No, I remind myself, this is one journey to take slow, no rushing necessary. But rather prayerfully and quietly, today and for the next 4 weeks I will seek to have the heart and the intentions of another young mother, 2000+ years ago as she made the journey to the place where she would find the Messiah her people had been waiting for . The Messiah she was waiting for to COME. The Messiah she had held within her all along.............