Monday, November 24, 2008

For Today........


Outside my window..........there are some birds calling me to take their pictures.

I am thinking................about all of the things I have to do today and this week.

I am thankful for.................a husband who went to work this morning.

From the kitchen..........oatmeal served with cut-up granny smith apples, walnuts, cinnamon

and milk.

I am wearing............red pj pants and a long sleeve red shirt (hey it's still early!)

In our schoolroom.............a "blessings" tree project, lots of good Pilgrim and Thanksgiving stories a little bit of math and dictation.

I am creating......................."St. Nicholas day-in-a-box" for a very special family who is celebrating their FIRST Christmas as Catholics.

I am going.....................to be getting ready to go out of town for the holiday, there is much packing and washing to do.

I am reading...........a Family Circle Magazine and my Magnificat.

I am hoping......................to finish the quilted Advent Calender this week, it is coming along nicely, but I decided to hand stitch all of the little pockets, so it is taking longer than I expected.

I am hearing........................the hum of the computer, everyone is still sleeping!

Around the house.............the usual post-Sunday mess, a lot of dishes left over after a visit from family.

A few plans for the rest of the week.............baking: cranberry muffins and oatmeal rolls, a long trip to my grandmother's house which will mean a break from blogging, lots of family time with my parents, husband and kids, finding and getting all of our Advent things ready for next Sunday, finishing up and sending off my ornaments for the Kids' Ornament Swap, I'd better stop because the list could go on and on............


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you:

This is how seriously we take our math work around here..........

Please visit thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ to join in the fun and see more Daybook entries.