Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve Daybook

Outside my window..........alternating clouds with sun
I am listening to.......Christmas carols, of course!

Towards rhythym and beauty..........I am cleaning up and decorating, despite the fact that we won't be home tonite

I am thinking about..........how it is almost time

I am thankful for...........this beautiful season, the gift of God in the form of HIS Son

In our schoolroom.........it has been transformed into a Christmas room: lights, a tree, books, quilts and pillows for snuggling and reading the Christmas story

I am wearing........a long brown-knitted sweater, teal long-sleeve shirt underneath, with jeans and converse tennis shoes with butterflies on them

From the kitchen...........sugar cookies and white-texas sheet cake
I am creating..........a few finishing touches on handmade gifts: a stocking for my godson, ornaments for my mom, grandma and aunts, a pop-corn and cranberry garland and some rag-balls

Towards a real education..............measuring for cookies, sorting clean socks for my little one, keeping track of the timer so we don't burn the cookies, need I say more??

I am going..........to start getting stuff ready to take to my parents house, we are spending the night and going to midnight Mass

I am reading..........mostly children's Christmas stories

I am hoping.........my washer will be fixed soon, REALLY fixed

Around the house.........a washer that is still not working, a dog with a hurt leg, cookie and craft messes, great-grandma spent the night, lots of little ones underfoot

One of my favorite things...........all of our twinkling lights

A few plans for the rest of the week............finishing some presents for Epiphany, crafting that couldn't get done during the holy season, a park day with our homeschool group-we are the Holy Innocents-so we'll celebrate that feast together, sale-shopping for a little boy who has grown out of all of his pants, finding some time for myself
Here are some picture thoughts I am sharing...............