Wednesday, December 3, 2008

mexican wedding crescent cookies

In honor of Our Lady of Guadalupe we will be making Mexican Wedding Crescent Cookies.
This recipe,from Kraft Food & Family Magazine, is the best recipe I have found so far.
I like to recommend recipes that I've already used so I don't set you up to fail!
In our home feast days mean FOOD, so eat up!

Mexican Wedding Crescent Cookies
Adding Philly Cream Cheese makes this versatile dough super-easy to work with.

Prep: 20 min. Total 1 hr. 40 min.[incl. refrigerating]

1 pkg.[8 oz.] of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. [1 1/2 sticks] butter, softened
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 c. finely chopped nuts of choice [ I use walnuts]


PREHEAT oven to 325. Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, butter, cinnamon and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add nuts and mix with a spatula. Then add flour and baking soda; mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

SHAPE tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent shapes; place, 1 inch apart, on ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE 20 min. Cool on baking sheet 1 min. Remove to wire rack; cool 15 min.

DIP each cookie into powdered sugar. OPTIONAL: drizzle with 2 squares melted Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate.

Makes 4 doz. or 24 servings, 2 cookies each.

If you haven't already, visit kraftfoods.com for some great recipes. I don't use a lot of kraft food products, but I do what I can to make things from scratch using their ideas.