Monday, November 17, 2008


For Today
Outside my window.........The day is beginning and the yard is calling me to "clean up!"
I am thinking............about a friend who moved to Colorado, who I am missing and how the pumpkin candle I just bought smells like her home used to.
From the kitchen..........the smell of my mother's birthday meal is filling the house.
In our school room................the finished Viking ships, nature treasures, Thanksgiving books, two new Martha Stewart crafts for kids projects and a few new things to prepare us for Advent.
I am creating........a crocheted winter purse made from some beautiful yarn.
I am going........to clean every room in this house today.
I am wearing.........jeans, a cream colored cotton t-shirt and leopard slippers.
I am reading..........My November Magnificat.
I am hoping.........to tattoo this on my forehead: "Never intrude yourself into an office to which you have not been called, and never refuse any one that is given you. By following this rule, you will enjoy wonderful peace. God will bless all your exertions and the success with which your labors are crowned will not anywise diminish your merit..........."~Bishop Benedict Joseph Fenwick, S.J. (t1846)
I am hearing..........a little boy jumping around like he is a frog and saying "ribbit!", the sounds of a middle son taking a shower and a little girl saying her morning prayers.
Around the house..............fish tanks need to be cleaned out, there is laundry to be sorted and birthday cards for Nannie are in the works.
One of my favorite things...........4 new candles: pumpkin spice, mulled cider, warm apple pie and hazelnut cream.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week..........finishing up our Viking unit, knitting lessons from a dear friend, possibly a girls' night out with two busy friends??, a little bit of quiet time with each child and movie nights (c/o netflix) with my husband.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you.........

The Footprint of a small boy I know, proof that he frequently runs around our property without shoes on.

~Please visit http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ to join in the fun and see more daybook entries~