Friday, November 21, 2008

still: friday morning


Yesterday morning, my husband was actually home, so he prompted me to go to a certain coffee shop and treat myself to a cup of whatever I wanted, which turned out to be
Peppermint Mocha Twist. However, most mornings I am not this fortunate. Usually I find myself experimenting with various concoctions based on rare visits to that certain coffee shop. My children even call our kitchen "mombucks". So in the event that you need a little help waking up, can't afford to go out and buy a pricey cup of coffee every morning and you love chocolate and coffee as much as I do here is a little recipe for you, with love, from "mombucks":
~Boil desired amount of water in a pan~Carefully pour into a pretty cup~Drop one square of Baker's Semi-Sweet baking chocolate squares into your pretty cup~Add desired amount (I use two tbsp.) of Nescafe instant coffee~Or you can just pour a cup of your favorite brew from your coffee maker~Stir until chocolate melts~Add one tsp. of vanilla, a pinch of cinnamon, 2 tbsp. of powdered sugar and a dash of milk~If you're looking for the peppermint twist, add a few crushed candy canes or melt a peppermint patty candy!
Now, sit down with your favorite book, mine is my Magnificat and enjoy!

ps. that cup, creamer and sugar bowl are one of the reasons i love thrift stores-where else can you find johnson brothers for $.50 ?